So now that I've postponed the muffin post enough, it's finally here ! The recipe for the most incredibly moist, fluffy muffins with fresh, ripe blueberries that burst in your mouth with every bite! Trust me when I say, I was even impressed with myself with how well these came out and how EASY they were. Soooo here goes nothing!
Blueberry Streusel Muffins
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
Yields: Aprox. 12 muffins ❤️
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used whole)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
For Streusel Topping ....
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and spray or line the twelve muffin tins. Also prepare the streusel and set aside for topping in small bowl.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the melted butter with the sugar, add the eggs, and mix. Then add milk and vanilla, mix again.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, using a rubber spatula gently mix until moistened. Then fold in blueberries until just incorporated.
- Fill the 12 muffin wells with batter, top each muffin evenly with streusel topping and bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Then without removing the muffins reduce the heat to 375 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes or until toothpick removes clean. Enjoy !
Again, I can not emphasis enough how truly amazed I was by how airy and full of flavor these muffins were. Usually, stored in an airtight container muffins will last up to 3 days but these muffins barely made it to 2 ! I will definitely be making more next time.
A few tips I feel would be helpful.
- Have all your ingredients at room temperature when assembling.
- The less you mix the batter, the softer the texture. So add the blueberries right before the batter is fully combined and also by using the rubber spatula it is easier to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl for less effort in mixing.
- Fill the muffin tins all the way to the top, you'll get an obnoxiously scrumptious muffin top with crumbly streusel everywhere. It's my favorite part!
Viola ! Yummy, crumbly, bursting with flavor blueberry muffins ! Comment below to let me know what you think. Until next time, happy baking !